Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Settling into Stuttgart, finally!

Vogelsangstrasse 33 is our new address and we are so excited to be unpacked!

Since I am not working, I have truly embraced my new role as house frau!


In the past, we had an amazing cleaning lady (oh how I miss you Dircy) but now it's impossible to justify paying someone when I have no job and no kids.  Thus, I am certain that I have cleaned more in the past week than I ever have in my entire life.  I would like to take a few moments to brag about my swifter (both wet and dry) skills.  Years of varsity field hockey accounts for my impressive reverse swifting techniques.  Swifting dusty wood floors while jamming out to Earth, Wind and Fire is truly enjoyable.

(super clean floor- space for future dining room table)
We have been decorating but I hope to keep our home as uncluttered as possible.
These books are very helpful:


Friend (s) now you can see the towel warming rack- they sell millions at Bauhaus (German Lowes)
(notice Scoot's collection of grooming products hanging on the door)
The steam room is incredible!

After sitting in it for 5 minutes, you feel just as detoxified and flexible as you do at the end of a 1.5 hour Bikram (hot yoga) class.  The steam room also makes a perfect meditation center since its quiet and cozy.


Candles and Buddhas
The shrank was delivered and it only took 2 beefy Germans 4 hours to put it together (my father in law, Skip, could have done it in 2)  

doors slide and all of our clothes fit
Scott's even got a work pants section - ohh lala
We were invited to Monday night trivia at the Irish pub downtown.  It was packed with all ages (16 legal drinking age in bars) and nationalities for a total of 24 teams.  Our team is a bunch of military guys who were really fun and welcoming.


Trivia was challenging since the lady asking the questions did not speak fluent English so sometimes the first step was just figuring out the question.  For example:  She announced into the microphone: "Question #10 How many ten tacos does an octopus have??"

Pondering teamates
Question #187 (there were many rounds) - "What was the fashion craze during the summer of 2005?"

The guys were sure the answer was Crocs but my new friend Mariel (from LA) protested.  The official answer was actually "boho gypsy skirts" (seriously???).  I had promised Mariel that Scott was a music aficionado and would be a great contributor for the music round but not surprisingly he excelled in the academic categories: "How much does a liter weigh?" (Answer= 1 kg).  My guesses were pathetic and my only correct answer was a reference to the sitcom Cheers.  Oh well, the draft cider at this bar was delicious.



3 comments:

  1. Ha! Lovely. I absolutely want to run out and play slash drink myself into a trivia oblivion. I'm currently sipping orange gatoraid attempting to hydrate before my noon hot yoga class. My pants don't fit Megan and it's depressing. I closed on my house yesterday and the girls came over with flowers, sushi, and champagne. We are attacking the closets and the pantry with paint and stencils Friday night. Maybe I'll play some air guitar with my new swifter whilst blasting some EWF in hommage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have a steam room!!! I am coming over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO jealous of your steam room! Seriously AMAZING!!

    And, of course, I'm very impressed by the amount of time you are spending with the Swifter!

    ReplyDelete